The goals of our organization are the preservation and teaching of our Irish heritage and culture for our own enrichment and enjoyment as well as the next generation’s and for all people who are interested in our heritage with a program of teaching, workshops and cultural events. Classes and workshops for Irish Language, Dance, Music, Singing, Drama, Storytelling, Genealogy, Literature, History and Gaelic Sports. Events would include Irish language days, concerts, plays, games, lectures, book clubs and seisiúin.
Currently, the Greater Danbury Irish Cultural Foundation (GDICF) offers weekly Irish language classes at the beginning and intermediate levels; weekly céilí and set dancing classes; monthly seisiún and an annual 3 day Irish Festival (the Danbury Irish Festival) with a full program of traditional Irish cultural entertainment.
Our Dance group supports numerous céilí’s around the New York and CT area. We also support several other Irish groups in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York Irish with teachers for their existing Irish language programs and festivals:
· Irish American Cultural Center in East Haven, CT;
· Irish American Home in Glastonbury, CT;
· Gaelic American Club in Fairfield, CT;
· Irish Cultural Center (Elms College) in Chicopee, MA;
· Daltaí na Gaeilge in Esopus, NY and
· The Hedge School in New Rochelle, NY with festival representation.